Medical Science Liaison - Pain Management (Upper Great Lakes)
The Medical Affairs Company (TMAC)
- Chicago, IL
Direct Hire opportunity
Territory coverage: IL, MN, MI, MO, CO, UT, KS
The Pain Management Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will represent the Company and its pain management portfolio, initially focusing on an FDA approved product utilizing a patented drug delivery technology for the management of severe chronic pain.
The MSL will serve as an advanced technical, scientific, and medical expert to build relationships with community-based prescribers, payers and other stakeholders specializing in pain management and supportive care. The MSL is responsible for developing, coordinating and assuring implementation of the client's corporate, scientific, and clinical strategies with these prescribers within clinical and healthcare organizations. These scientific exchanges will support and/or expand current therapeutic concepts, as well as ensure the safe and effective utilization of the client’s product.
Additionally, the MSL will support the client’s presence at major pain congresses and support the payer team by providing scientific presentations to payer groups. Additional MSL development opportunities may include publications, data mining, Medical Affairs strategy and planning, and HEOR data development.
- Maintain clinical, scientific and technical expertise in relevant pain management (and other disease state areas).
- Have a thorough understanding of currently utilized pain management protocols and related procedures.
- Collaborate with Medical Affairs and Commercial colleagues and serve as a resource to HCPs, large group medical practices, payers and formulary decision makers.
- Develop and track pain management HCP engagement plans within assigned region.
- Participate in medical and scientific exchanges with the medical/ scientific community including advisory boards.
- Respond to and document unsolicited requests for information on the client's product(s).
- Support internal requests for dossier review and comment, medical review/consideration of potential business development opportunities and other unique projects as requested.
- Participate in/support the training of field and home office employees.
- Facilitate research collaborations as requested.
- Engage in speaker identification, training and evaluation and provide support for advisory board meetings as requested.
- Collaborate with Market Access and Commercial colleagues for prescriber and institutional engagement where appropriate
- An advanced degree (Pharm D, PhD or MD) preferred; advanced professional degree (e.g. NP, PA) may be considered with extensive pain management experience.
- A minimum of 2 years previous MSL or pharmaceutical industry experience necessary and/or a minimum of 2 years of clinical or research experience in the area of pain/pain management.
- Ability to travel, locally and regionally, up to 60% with overnight stays (e.g., KOL meetings, site locations, internal meetings, medical meetings and congresses, training)
- Experience working with payers of formulary committees strongly preferred
- Knowledge of FDA requirements and PhRMA Code, including regulations governing compliant scientific exchange
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and work in cross functional network/matrix
- Demonstrated project management ability
Thursday, December 12, 2019