Top Gun Staffing Inc
- Mount Washington, KY
Top Gun staffing has partnered with an outstanding client in the Louisville, KY area to bring on a top notch Quality Engineer. This position requires the candidate to take honesty and integrity very seriously, along with being able to collaborate with all levels of the organization.
This job will require you to
- Perform the role of the Customer within the Plant
- Manage and guarantee resolution of customers concerns on a daily basis working closely with Production and Engineering
- Coach and train the operator/GAP leaders/supervisors on the quality principles and Customer specifics
- Champion QE activities and coach plant personnel
- Manage the quality system through the UAP’s
- Supports and leads continuous improvements by utilizing the appropriate quality tools and provide data analysis.
- Conduct investigations to determine causes of defects, make recommendations for corrective action
- Update and maintain the control plan and confirm PFMEA updates from the plant process engineer
- Responsible for presenting and submission of initial customer PPAP for all parts produced in conjunction with the Program Quality Leader, (Re-PPAP of engineering changes/process changes/in-sourcing)
- Input all external complaints into QSSC (Review and monitor complaint status until closure)
- Ensure customer/internal complaints are adequately answered, on time, and using FIS problem solving methodology with active participation from production personnel. (QRCI, Quality Walls, etc.)
- Support commitments established in the ISO 14001 Environmental Policy.
- Follow requirements established with ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) procedures and work instructions.
- Ensure full respect of HSE rules and regulations.
- Assist with any additional tasks as assigned by the company
- When there are programs in launch, the QE will assume the responsibilities outlined in the Plant Quality Lead Job Description. This will be determined and assigned by the Quality Manager.
The ideal candidate
To succeed in this position, you will ideally have:
- Degree in engineering
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an industrial environment (ideally in the automotive industry)
- Proven competency in Control plans, D/PFMEA’s, Process Audits, & ISO/TS 16949, Key characteristic management, 8D/Corrective action skills, APQP, MSA, SPC, & PPAP.
- In-depth knowledge of quality engineering techniques
- Good knowledge of Program standards, tools and methods
- Strong Customer satisfaction orientation
- Above average communication skills and interpersonal skills
Friday, September 22, 2023