- Rochester, NH
This position is responsible for assisting with the design, implementation and support of a 24x7x365, mission critical service provider Ethernet and IP network.
- Day to day configuration and operation of Extreme (Brocade) carrier and enterprise class switches and routers including SX and MLXe.
- Day to day configuration and operation of Cisco switches and routers including 7600 and ASR.
- Day to day configuration and operation of Juniper firewalls including ScreenOS and JunOS based models.
- Day to day configuration and operation of PulseSecure MAG VPN Appliances
- Day to day configuration and operation of a multicast video network environment.
- Assisting with the design, installation and configuration of complete network infrastructures.
- Act as an escalation resource during outages and troubleshoots.
- Participation in a structured change management process.
- Occasional night and weekend shifts are required in order to implement changes during designated change windows.
- Documentation of network design and configuration.
- Associates degree in an Information Technology area or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience required as a Network Administrator or Engineer.
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification, or equivalent certification from Juniper or Extreme/Brocade a plus
- Extensive knowledge of routing protocols including OSPF and BGP required.
- Experience deploying and managing MPLS networks.
- Understanding of MetroEthernet (MEF) technologies and deployment methodologies required.
- Basic understanding of DWDM technologies, configurations, and designs required.
- Knowledge of network address translation and policy based routing required.
- Knowledge of IPSec required.
- Extensive knowledge of switching technologies (802.1Q, STP, RSTP, PVST+ etc) required.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP and other basic protocols is required.
- Ability to generate and interpret packet traces via Wireshark and/or tcpdump to diagnose and troubleshoot required.
- Knowledge of multicast routing protocols such as PIM as well as IGMPv1, v2 and v3 required.
- Knowledge of IPv6 required.
- Knowledge of firewall technologies and the ability to generate rule sets required.
- Knowledge of wireless Ethernet technologies (802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.1x) a plus.
- User level working knowledge of Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux or CentOS Linux a plus.
Monday, July 29, 2019