Plans and directs activities of work concerned with implementing construction projects personally or through system supervisors and contractors. Manage and maintain budgets associated with construction across the Florida region.
- Manages and evaluates construction personnel; coordinate construction efforts through in-house and contract labor for new construction and rebuild projects.
- Compile and track information for annual budgeting on capital projects.
- Assure that all standards for quality and safety are met.
- Coordinate capital requests to meet project deadlines, and authorizes payments for completed work.
- Interface with utility companies and city, county and state public works organizations to complete mutual and individual goals.
- Acquire contractors and negotiate pricing to perform construction and maintenance labor.
- Provide detailed cost estimates for proposed projects.
- Plan and direct construction activities and establish priorities in keeping with effective operations and cost factor.
- Review and analyze service, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with specifications.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned
- BA from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years CATV Construction experience.
- 4+ years of management experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Effective presentation skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record within Company required standards.
***Relocation assistance is available***