- Miami, FL
Job descriptionPosition Profile:
Responsible for detailed design, implementation coordination, and technical lead level for all areas encompassing edge and distribution network expansion and capacity. Works closely with outside plant team to ensure that edge and distribution fiber assets are used in an efficient and scalable manner by carefully determining optimal locations and necessary densities of Ethernet aggregation switching and multiplexing technologies. Also works in a cross functional capacity with the core and long-haul network engineering team to help ensure sufficient capacity and redundancy is available to properly serve the edge and distribution network. Acts as a key contributor on a team which will evaluate new hardware and software products for the edge, distribution, and core networks. Responsibilities:
- Applies tactical and strategic approaches to design expanded and new network topologies; balances constraints and opportunities to drive engineering consensus for new network design and methodology.
- Interfaces across the company to ensure thorough vetting of solution.
- Working closely with sales and marketing teams to design a network the will scale to the expended need for the geographic area while balancing cost and complexity
- Serves as network technical liaison with adjacent product, sales, and engineering teams to ensure smooth support for all new products and services.
- Produces, reviews, and coaches junior engineers’ job roles in detailed design work, MOP creation, and operations execution of complex change across converged environment.
- Work in a heavily matrixed environment, and act as integrated team member or leader with virtual teams to streamline network evolution.
- Creates and documents detailed network designs.
- Communicates applicable design guidelines and provides guidance to ensure compliance.
Strong understanding of Metro Ethernet, DWDM, CWDM, MPLS, Routing, Switching, and GPON or EPON
- Strong initiative to build relationships both internally and externally with minimal supervision/direction from management.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Generally requires 7-10 years’ experience as a network planner or network engineer
***Relocation assistance is available***
***Candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents. We client cannot transfer/sponsor for any type of visa at this time and you must join them full-time (no c2c).***
Wednesday, May 22, 2019