Security Infrastructure Engineer
- Rochester, NH
Security Infrastructure Engineer
Rochester, NH or Johnstown PA
***Candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents. Our client cannot transfer/sponsor for any type of visa at this time and you must join them full-time.***
This position is responsible for working in a cross-functional capacity to ensure the cyber security and infrastructure engineering of all servers, network, cpe, critical facilities, and data.
- Monitor, research, investigate and analyze security threats and trends to verify the effectiveness of protective measures
- Identification and analysis of anomalous activity in systems logs and other event data
- Perform periodic penetration testing and risk analysis of services, sites, and infrastructure
- Assist with the development, periodic review, and compliance of cyber security policies, procedures and standards
- Work in a cross functional capacity with procurement, IT, Systems and Network, MIS, Customer Service and other teams to assist with the security analysis of potential vendors and products.
- Analysis, development, and implementation of firewall policies on Cisco ASA and Juniper SRX security appliances as well as operating system based firewalls such as IPTables.
- Occasional night and weekend shifts are required in order to implement changes during designated change windows.
- Documentation of network design and configuration.
- Providing professional support to customers both internal and external.
- Assess Technical security risks associated with environmental changes on new and existing technology
- Establishing and promoting data security protection consistent with the organization’s risk strategy to protect the confidentiality and integrity of company information
- Work with other functional groups to mitigate and correct network, operating system, and application layer vulnerabilities
- Research and analyze information security trends and standards and their application to the network, server, and data infrastructure
- Collaborate with BU Security Officer on policy compliance and management
- Play an active role in security related change management in multiple departments
- Assess and advise on training and awareness campaigns aimed at multiple skill tiers
- Define and manage exception and risk management as defined by business needs
- Oversee incident management and response, including immediate mitigation and loss assessment
- Other duties as required.
- Associates degree in an Information Technology area or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience required as a dedicated security engineer or network/systems engineer with security responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, JunOS and Cisco IOS
- Deep expertise with at least one of the above operating systems
- Versed in hacking and exploitation techniques, including mitigation
- Deep knowledge and understanding of firewall concepts such as state tables, connection tracking
- Deep understanding of the TCP/IP stack
- Understanding of various wired and wireless security technologies such as 802.1X
- Ability to generate and interpret packet traces via Wireshark and/or tcpdump to diagnose and troubleshoot required.
- Knowledge of IPv6 required.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure with a diverse team.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Saturday, August 3, 2019
90,000 - 100,000