trindy talent, LLC
- Tampa, FL
Currently looking for an experienced Senior Litigation Paralegal to fill an opening with a firm located in Tampa, FL. The role of the Legal Assistant is to enhance attorney effectiveness by providing active litigation case management and a high-level of legal administrative support to assigned team members.
THE PERSON (WHO)
Our ideal Paralegal is a curious and proactive problem-solver who takes initiative and has an “all for one and one for all” mentality. This forward-thinking team player likes a challenge and goes above and beyond to get the job done. Embracing technology, this detail-oriented self-starter knows how and when to conduct research and enjoys collaborating with other team members. Committed to excellence, this organized and punctual professional possesses exceptional communication skills, is driven to get the best results for our clients and can maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
This loyal and honest professional embraces change and genuinely cares about the members of the team and our clients. The ideal candidate is dynamic and motivated, yet calm and responsible. Having a hunger for growth, this Paralegal will do whatever it takes to help the company succeed, while always remaining humble with a positive attitude. Operating with integrity, this cooperative professional has the ability to diffuse drama and can quickly adapt to different personalities. We are looking for someone who is not only available and reliable, but also flexible and willing to get out of their comfort zone. Utilizing their emotional intelligence and common sense, the right candidate can handle any situation that comes their way, has great people skills, and is engaging with all of our clients - and does it all with a wonderful sense of humor.
The job responsibilities of the Paralegal include, but are not limited to:
- Take complete ownership of active litigation case management
- Operate standard office equipment, including a personal computer, copiers, scanners, facsimile, and telephone
- Prepare correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents from written and oral drafts; draft standard correspondence, discovery, and other documents required by the Litigation process; understand specialty areas of practice and is capable of attaching appropriate enclosures for specialty area without the need for supervision
- Review completed documents thoroughly to check for errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting
- Open new files, prepare and collect conflict of interest checks, and maintain client and general files.
- Conduct periodic review for possible storage of closed files; prepares files for closed storage
- Work independently to manage timing and action plans for completing department functions and preparing correspondence, reports and other documents ahead of need.
Requirements of the Litigation Paralegal
- Significant active litigation case management experience
- 5 or more years prior experience in litigation
- High School Diploma required Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Understanding law office policies and legal document requirements
- Ability to read and write in order to prove and perform minor editing of routine law office correspondence and legal case matters
- Ability to perform non-complex arithmetic calculations when verifying calculations on forms or documents
- Experience maintaining records and filing systems
- Ability to transcribe legal documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft or dictation
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Ability to proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical or spelling errors
- Experience with First Party Property Insurance preferred
- Growing, stable practice
- Small family-like team with a "all for one, one for all mentality"
- In the heart of desirable Hyde Park Village
- Free parking
- Direct access to leadership
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
Monday, September 21, 2020
55,000 - 65,000