RN - New Grad
- Asheville, NC
We are currently recruiting full-time Registered Nurses [ New Grads ] in Asheville, North Carolina to work in the state s sixth-largest health system, operating six hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, and the region s only Level II trauma center. This is for Medical/Surgical nursing. Start dates are 19 Jul; 9 Aug; and 6 Sept.
The StaRN/Residency is a yearlong residency that begins with a 10-16 week (depending on specialty), PAID Classroom/Preceptorship program. It allows new graduate nurses to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive internship program. Open positions will vary throughout the year, and positions will be offered based on the hospital's needs.
Open Positions: - 20
Part 1: StaRN Training First 5-8 Weeks (depending on specialty):
- Instructor-led classroom training
- State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs
- Certifications needed for each unit
- Training on charting systems
- The schedule is typically Monday-Friday, with 40 hour work weeks (8 hour days)
Part 2: StaRN Clinical Preceptorship Next 7-8 Weeks (depending on specialty):
- Conducted at the hospital
- You will be assigned a one-on-one preceptor to train you and acclimate you to your role
- Regular development meetings between the resident, their preceptor, and their Director
- Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
- The schedule is typically three (3) 12-hour shifts at the hospital
Part 3: Residency Program Remainder of your 1st year
- Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital and continue professional development through routine interactions with a mentor (meet at least once a month)
- Complete an evidence-based capstone project
- IMPORTANT: - Program acceptance requires a two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital. If a nurse chooses to leave the facility before the 2-year commitment is fulfilled, they may be required to meet a monetary responsibility. (10k)
Requirements for the RN New Grad:
- Current NC RN license or Multi-state Compact RN license (or ability to obtain)
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, within past 1 year
- Program acceptance requires a two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital. If a nurse chooses to leave the facility before the 2-year commitment is fulfilled, they may be required to meet a monetary responsibility.
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
- Will take LTAC/Correctional/Rehab/Nurses seeking to get back into acute care
- New grads accepted with or without RN License
- Program acceptance requires a two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital.
- Attendance is imperative throughout the StaRN Training program
- Candidates with Associate Degrees are welcome especially if interested in obtaining their BSN (Galen)
Compensation and Benefits for the RN New Grad:
- Salary: $24.00.
- Sign-on bonus/relocation up to $10k.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Sunday, July 25, 2021