RN - Director of Surgical Services
- Thousand Oaks, CA
We are currently recruiting a Registered Nurse (RN) Director of Surgical Services to work in San Jose, California in a licensed 382-bed acute care facility. Fully accredited by The Joint Commission, it has the only Level II Trauma Center in Eastern Ventura County and the only Emergency room in both Los Angeles and Ventura Counties with the coveted EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating. In addition, it is the only hospital certified by both Counties as a STEMI-designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response and is a certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. With more than 600 board-certified physicians on its medical staff representing more than 50 specialties, it offers a full array of medical services including a 24-hour emergency department, comprehensive stroke center, ICU/CCU, maternity, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, medical and surgical departments, comprehensive cancer center, heart & cardiovascular center, same-day surgery, and rehab center, to name a few.
Job Responsibilities of the Director of Surgical Services RN:
Job Qualifications of the Director of Surgical Services RN:
- Leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations.
- The Director of Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow-through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital-wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
Compensation and Benefits of the Director of Surgical Services RN:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing required.
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred.
- MUST have acute care experience.
- MUST have facility experience with 15-20+ ORs.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in California.
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred.
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred.
- Salary: $145k - $156K; depending on years of experience.
- 15% annual bonus based on performance.
- Sign-on bonus or relocation - $10k
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
$145k - $156K per yr.