Pharmacy Operations Manager
- Las Vegas, NV
We are currently recruiting a Pharmacy Operations Manager to work in Las Vegas, Nevada. with 762 beds, provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, we provide sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. The hospital has been selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had earned the American Stroke Association s Get with the Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
Job Responsibilities of the Pharmacy Operations Manager:
Job Qualifications of the Pharmacy Operations Manager:
- Manages and supervises Pharmacy operations including responsibility for formulating and implementing institutional policy and practice at the department level and overseeing day-to-day operations and workflow of the pharmacy department.
- Assists in the planning, development, organization, operation, and evaluation of pharmacy services; assesses and changes pharmacy operations in coordination with the pharmacy management team.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate information systems to optimize pharmacy workflow
- Assures pharmacy staff development, new employee orientation, and ongoing training in the pharmacy in coordination with other pharmacy managers.
- Helps assure that policies and procedures are updated and followed in coordination with the pharmacy management team.
- Assures compliance with pharmacy laws and provides staff guidance when appropriate in regards to regulatory agencies including The Joint Commission standards, National Patient Safety Goals, and USP 797, and participates in quality assurance activities to evaluate and maintain safe medication practices.
- Assists with budget preparation and ongoing cost containment initiatives for medication use and operations.
- Provides other management reports as required.
- Assures compliance with departmental productivity targets and assists with staffing proposals
- Directs the preparation of written or oral reports at shift change to communicate incomplete assignments and potential patient safety concerns to ensure continuity of medication therapy and assure that patient charges and credits are processed in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates with the Information Systems Pharmacist on operational activities related to informatics, order entry systems, and automated dispensing cabinets.
- Coordinates with the Pharmacy Buyer on operational activities related to drug use, control, inventory, and billing
- Helps assure proper control of pharmaceutical controlled substances and maintenance of proper records and inventories
- Assists in the recruitment, interviewing, and evaluation of pharmacists, pharmacy residents, pharmacy technicians, and pharmacy interns as applicable to the pharmacy department and helps coordinate new hire training.
- Assists with personnel performance reviews and the development and retention of competent personnel in coordination with the Technician Supervisor; conducts coaching and staff mentoring sessions when necessary.
- Ensures appropriate staffing of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in the pharmacy and maintains skills to assist with staffing, as necessary.
- Ensures the accuracy of time away from work records in coordination with other department managers.
- Develops pharmacist schedule and supervises pharmacists and technicians in the performance of their assigned duties daily and prioritizes tasks in the event of staffing shortages.
- Helps coordinate the experience of Pharmacy interns in the pharmacy and provides a rotation for Schools of Pharmacy as part of their experiential education programs.
- Assumes other responsibilities in the management of the Pharmacy Department as delegated by the Director of Pharmacy.
- Helps to implement strategies designed to strengthen the pharmacy program
- Adheres to facility and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs as well as safety, environmental and infection control standards in the performance of work duties.
- Maintains professional growth and development through continuing education seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to remain current in the field of expertise.
- Maintains knowledge pertaining to facility utilization of automated dispensing processes including the use of automated dispensing cabinets, software systems, overwrap packaging, and bar-coding within the facility.
- Effectively and accurately provides education or in-services on medication-related policies and procedures to healthcare professionals, students, patients as needed.
- Retrieves, analyzes, evaluates, and interprets scientific literature in order to provide accurate, concise, applicable, and timely drug information response to healthcare professionals.
- Manages systems for storage, preparation, and dispensing of medicinal agents using appropriate techniques while following the health systems policies.
- Effectively supervises l personnel who may be involved in these processes.
- Collaboratively works with all individuals involved in the medication dispensing and use the process as appropriate.
- Attends meetings and participates on committees as required
- Assists with the coordination and safe dispensing of alternative medications in response to medication shortages
- Maintains a productive, collaborative relationship with all hospital staff and vendors
- Is compliant with required classes and vaccinations by CMC; i.e., Code of Conduct, influenza vaccine, and TB skin tests
Compensation and Benefits of the Pharmacy Operations Manager:
- B.S. Or PharmD. Degree from an accredited college of Pharmacy REQUIRED.
- ASHP accredited residency or advanced degree (MBA, MHA, MS) PREFERRED.
- 4 years of experience as a hospital pharmacist is REQUIRED.
- MUST have Leadership or Supervisory Experience.
- RETAIL EXPERIENCE DOES NOT COUNT.
- Nevada State Pharmacy License Required.
- Salary: $130k - $160k based on years of experience.
- Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Assistance: Case by case basis.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
$130k - $160k/year