RN - Manager of Labor and Delivery
- Arlington, TX
We are currently recruiting a full-time days Registered Nurse (RN) Manager of Labor and Delivery in Arlington, Texas, for a 432-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. Our team consists of well over 1, 000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians, and other healthcare personnel and nearly 700 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties.
Job Duties and Responsibilities of the RN Manager of Labor & Delivery:
Job Qualifications of the RN Manager of Labor & Delivery:
- The Labor/Delivery and OBED manager is responsible for the daily operations in the Labor/Delivery and OBED departments; to include the supervision, management, and direction of the staff and clinical practice in accordance with organizational and departmental philosophy and goals.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Women's and Children's, the manager will direct staff in maintaining the highest degree of clinical and operational performance within the departments.
- The manager is responsible for the leadership of nursing personnel and/or students and functions as a resource for physicians, nursing staff, interdisciplinary support teams, as well as patients and their families.
- Provides an optimal practice environment that ensures the delivery of quality patient care.
- Responsible for planning, directing, and managing the patient care delivered to a designated population.
- Oversees the 24-hour operation of the patient care departments with accountability for leadership, overall fiscal management, staffing, planning, organizing, and controlling in collaboration with the department director.
- Role models proactive, collaborative working relationships across all hospital functions in an interdisciplinary approach to patient care.
- Develops programs, policies, procedures, and standards of care to ensure patients' care needs are assessed, evaluated, and met.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, be able to mentor and coach nursing staff.
- Graduate from an accredited, professional school of nursing.
- Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- Current NRP required.
- BSN required. MSN preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of management experience in L&D in an acute care hospital environment.
- Minimum of 5 years in Labor & Delivery and/or High-Risk Antepartum unit.
Compensation and Benefits of the RN Manager of Labor & Delivery:
- 28 beds in the unit.
- 4300 deliveries per year. Average 12-16 deliveries per day.
- 70 FTEs.
- Facility working towards Level III designation.
- Salary: $83,595-$118,000 (Max 20 years); based on years of experience.
- Possible relocation up and sign-on bonus up for exceptionally qualified candidates.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Friday, July 23, 2021
$83,595-$118,000 per year