RN - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit-Nights
- Lewisville, TX
We are currently recruiting a full-time night Registered Nurse (RN) Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Lewisville, Texas, to a Magnet recognized facility, licensed for 186 beds, we are a leader in the DFW market for quality metrics, and Nursing satisfaction performance according to the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators.
The Registered Nurse Neonatal Intensive Care Unit RN NICU provides direct nursing care to patients and their families in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Job Responsibilities of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit RN:
Job Qualifications of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit RN:
- Assesses, plans, and implements care and interventions in addressing the problems of the neonate.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment, and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patients' discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic patient care environment for at-risk infants.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Compensation and Benefits of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit RN:
- Associates Degree in nursing required, must enroll within 6 months of hire in a BSN program and obtain BSN within 36 months.
- TX RN License or RN Compact State License.
- Current certification as a BLS and NRP Healthcare Provider.
- Minimum 2 years of RECENT experience in a Level III NICU Acute Care Hospital Setting.
- Salary: $26.85-$43.68 (20+ years); depending on years of experience.
- Relocation up to $3, 000; sign on up to $7, 500.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Friday, July 23, 2021