Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Lewisville, TX
We are currently recruiting a full-time nights Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) in Lewisville, Texas, to work in a Magnet recognized facility, we are a leader in the DFW market for quality metrics, and Nursing satisfaction performance according to the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators.
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for performing respiratory care assessments, performing and planning interventions, and evaluating outcomes of care. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, direct patient care, patient/family education, and provision and supervision of therapeutic treatments.
In addition, the Respiratory Therapist provides clinical management, control and diagnostic evaluation consistent with the prescribed treatment plan and the policies and procedures of the Department of Cardio-Respiratory Services. The Respiratory Therapist performs care consistent with the age-specific and developmental needs of patients.
Job Responsibilities of the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT):
Job Qualifications of the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT):
- Participates in the hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers, and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure the safety of patients.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services.
- Transport patients safely.
- Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnoses and resulting complications.
- Performs respiratory assessments.
- Administers respiratory treatments.
- Set up and manage ventilators.
- Administer medications.
- Obtain arterial blood gas, sampling and analyzing.
- Perform electrocardiograms.
- Provide patient/family education.
- Document interventions.
- Evaluates outcomes of care.
- Monitor patient status and response to therapy.
- Maintains a clean work environment and department.
- Remove equipment after use and make it ready for next use.
- Functions as Team Lead, when needed.
Compensation and Benefits of the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT):
- Registered by the National Board of Respiratory Care (RRT) and licensed to practice in the state of Texas as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP).
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association REQUIRED.
- ACLS, NRP, and PALS within 6 months of hire date or Job Description change date whichever is later, (NRP only needed if working in NICU).
- Minimum Associates Degree from accredited respiratory therapy program.
- Minimum 1 year of current acute care hospital critical care experience.
- NICU experience, adult critical care, intubation, and arterial line insertion experience desired
- Salary: $27.67-$37.73 (20+ years); depending on years of experience.
- A shift differential of Nights: $3.25 per hour; Weekends $4.00 per hour
- Relocation up to $3, 000; sign on up to $5, 000.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Friday, July 23, 2021