RN - Burn Trauma ICU
- Plano, TX
We are currently recruiting a full-time Registered Nurse (RN) Burn Trauma Intensive Care Unit in Plano, Texas to practice in a 600+-bed acute care hospital with more than 2, 070 employees. The hospital has the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide exceptional care. Our services include a level 1 trauma center, comprehensive cancer treatment, advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive, orthopedics, heart and vascular care, and complete women' s and children's services including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 NICU.
Job Responsibilities of the Burn Trauma Intensive Care Unit RN:
Job Qualifications of the Burn Trauma Intensive Care Unit RN:
- The Critical Care ICU RN manages the nursing care to patients admitted to the hospital in observation status in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- BSN Required Magnet Facility
- ADN with CNO approval and enrollment in BSN program currently or enrolled within 6 months of hire and completion within 24 months
- Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
- Current BLS/ACLS required.
- PALS is required within 6 months.
- CCRN Specialty certification preferred.
- ABLS (burn cert preferred; only offered one time per year) a plus
- Must have at least 1 year prefers 2 years of experience ICU experience only in an acute care setting.
- Must have ventilator and drip experience, will get 12+ drips. The more drips the better. Willing to train drips with the person with the right attitude.
- 30 bed burn trauma 14 burn 16 trauma.
Other info about the Burn Trauma Intensive Care Unit RN:
Compensation and Benefits of the Burn Trauma Intensive Care Unit RN:
- The Highest Acuity situations, very fast pace,
- 284 hospitals that transfer in from surrounding states.
- This is a great opportunity for those who love fast-paced, high acuity situations.
- 1: 2 RN-to-patient ratio.
- Salary: $28.64 - $42.95; depending on years of experience.
- Differential Nights: $3.75/hr. Weekends $4.30/hr., On-call $4.00/hr.
- Relocation assistance up to $3k, Sign-on $15k before July 24th.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Wednesday, July 21, 2021