RN - Manager of Pediatric ICU
- Dallas, TX
We are currently recruiting a full-time Registered Nurse (RN) Manager of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Dallas, Texas to practice in a 220-bed comprehensive and specialized children s hospital providing advanced pediatric health care for young patients of all ages, from newborns to teenagers. Pediatric specialties include pediatric cardiac surgery, pediatric emergency services, pediatric cancer care (hematology and oncology), pediatric orthopedics, neurosurgery, craniofacial surgery, pediatric transplant, and kidney care, and a Level IV NICU.
Job Responsibilities of the PICU Manager RN:
Job Qualifications of the PICU Manager RN:
- Accepts responsibility for all department functions in support of the mission, vision, values, and facility goals. The manager is a RN and accepts responsibility for critical thinking decisions within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
- Accept responsibility for patient safety of the PICU clinical practice environment.
- Integrate the management of information and effective communication skills in daily practice.
- Serve as liaison to foster a partnership with the patient and significant others.
- Construct decisions to support the continuity of care and the coordination of care across the care settings.
- Recognize the role of the manager to maintain high-quality age & developmental specific care for the pediatric population.
- Create PICU Department-specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Integrate collaborative practice and working relationships with all members of the healthcare team.
- Accept responsibility for the management of multiple levels of personnel (including supervisory positions), payroll, budget, capital, business plan, and physician relationships.
- Serve as liaison for hospital, community, and other institutions.
- Organize / Supervise human and material resources.
Compensation and Benefits of the PICU Manager RN:
- BSN required.
- MSN Preferred.
- 5 years of Management Experience to include management of personnel, payroll, budgets, capital, business planning, marketing, and physician relations.
- Must have -previous management in critical care (Pediatric ICU) - required.
- Must have recent acute care management experience.
- Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- Current PALS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- 50 FTE s in the unit.
- Salary: $83,595 - $118,000; depending on years of experience.
- Relocation assistance and sign-on case-by-case basis.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Saturday, July 17, 2021
$83,595 - $118,000 per year