RN - Medical Surgical
- Fort Worth, TX
We are currently recruiting a full-time night Registered Nurse (RN) Medical-Surgical Unit in Fort Worth, Texas, for a 75-bed, acute care hospital. Recently designated a Level III Trauma Center, the 155, 000 square foot full-service facility offers a full range of services, specializing in women s services, cardiology, robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery, and emergency care.
As a Medical-Surgical RN, you can expect to provide healing to a variety of diagnoses and populations such as post-surgical, orthopedic, and neurological/stroke.
Job Duties and Responsibilities of the Med-Surg RN:
Job Qualifications of the Med-Surg RN:
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing standards of care set by the state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Performs and documents patient assessments and reassessments following nursing and departmental policies and procedures, using appropriate techniques for data collection and analysis at regular and indicated intervals.
- Utilizing data collection in the assessment, and collaboration with other health care providers formulates a plan of care and updates as needed to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Performs interventions based on critical thinking and technical skills assimilated from assessment, reports, and information communicated by other health care providers to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Current license as an RN by the State of Texas required. Compact license accepted but requires TX State RN license within 30 days of hire.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
- BSN preferred. Will accept ADN if enrolled in BSN program and must have completed within 36 months (3yr) of hire.
- Must have 2 years of current, recent Med-Surg experience in an acute care setting to be considered. Must have acute care experience.
Compensation and Benefits of the Med-Surg RN:
- 12 beds with 8-bed overflow.
- Salary: $26.85-$42.95 (Max 20 years); based on years of experience.
- Shift differential: Nights $3.75 per hour; Weekend $4.20 per hour.
- Relocation $3, 000 with 2yr commitment and sign-on bonus $10, 000 with 2yr commitment.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Friday, July 23, 2021