RN - Emergency Room
- North Richland Hills, TX
We are currently recruiting a full-time Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department (days) in North Richland Hills, Texas to practice in a 164-bed acute care hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County in North Richland Hills. The hospital has over 300 physicians and 30 medical specialties. The ER has about 39, 000 visits each year and is a Level III Trauma Center. Additionally, we are a Primary Stroke Center, perform spine surgery and joint replacements, and have a comprehensive cardiovascular services department. Our hospital is an accredited Cycle 5 Chest Pain Center with a cardiac rehabilitation program.
Job Responsibilities of the Emergency Department RN:
- Administers medication, IV therapy, and treatments to assigned patients in an effective and timely manner.
- The Emergency Department Registered Nurse (ER RN) is responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice.
- Important aspects of this responsibility are the promotion of a safe and therapeutic environment for both the recipients and providers of nursing care.
- Acquisition of specialized knowledge skills and additional formal education to provide specialized care.
- Demonstration and validation of competence in nursing practice.
- Clinical practice consistent with the policies, procedures, and standards of this facility.
- Supervision of other staff as designated within the department.
Job Qualifications of the Emergency Department RN:
- Performs triage functions; Assess patient immediately on arrival; Assigns category based on the urgency of illness/injury.
- Clinically proficient in emergency room nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the developmental needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient.
- Accurately identify situations that require emergent or urgent responses and communicate those to the appropriate level of leadership in the organization utilizing the appropriate chain of command in the approach to problem-solving.
Compensation and Benefits of the Emergency Department RN:
- ADN req. BSN preferred, required within 24 months of hire.
- Current Texas State Licensure as a Registered Nurse (Compact license is accepted but TX State RN license required within 30 days of hire).
- Current BLS/ACLS.
- PALS or ENPC is required within 90 days of hire.
- TNCC is required within one year of hire.
- Minimum 2 years current emergency department experience.
- Salary: $31.57 - $53.46; depending on years of experience.
- Shift differential nights $3.75/hr. Weekends $4.20/hr. Call $3.00/hr.
- Relocation assistance up to $3k based on mileage moving.
- Sign-on bonus $10k with a 2-year commitment.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
$31.57 - $53.46/hr.