RN - PCU Manager
- Waycross, GA
We are currently recruiting a full-time Registered Nurse (RN) Progressive Care Unit Manager in Waycross, Georgia, to work in a large regional medical center recognized for several specialties to include cardiovascular, neurosciences, and critical care.
About the Department:
Job Responsibilities of the PCU Manager RN:
- 16 beds, with another 10 overflow beds.
- 58 FTE' s when fully staffed.
- Will report to the CNO or ICU director once hired.
Qualifications and Education for the PCU Manager RN:
- Be responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, and directing functions to ensure the effective operation of the unit. In cooperation with the leadership team, the Manager will be instrumental in developing plans, policies, and procedures to efficiently provide quality care.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the department to include all services. Responsibilities may include liaison with medical staff, development, and revision of policies/procedures, ensuring adherence to CCU/PCU/Telemetry/AIC/DHU nursing standards of care. Aware of and respond to ethical and legal issues involving critical care services. Directs, coordinates, and supervises quality nursing care to include coordination of patient care services.
- You will ensure effectively, flexible utilization of staff within staffing guidelines, taking into consideration the staff s competency and patient acuity.
- You will evaluate staff performance and work-related behavior per policies, obtaining information from appropriate personnel utilizing effective coaching to enhance the performance of the employee.
- You will model leadership behavior, set expectations for teamwork, and hold staff accountable for performance.
- You will demonstrate effectiveness in planning for future needs by budget preparation on an annual basis, monitoring monthly reports to ensure that the department stays within budget constraints.
- You will participate in the organization s educational programs and support the community outreach program while maintaining advanced practice study.
Compensation and Benefits for the PCU Manager RN:
- Graduate of an accredited school or professional nursing.
- Currently licensed as an RN in Georgia or a compact license.
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred.
- BLS and ACLS healthcare provider.
- Critical care certification preferred.
- Three years of acute care experience is required.
- Salary: $85-90k, depends on experience.
- Sign-on bonus/relo possible.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Saturday, July 17, 2021
$85-90k per year