RN - Director Of Surgical Services
- West Hills, CA
We are currently recruiting a Registered Nurse (RN) Director of Surgical Services to work in West Hills, California. The medical center offers compassionate and responsive care for the improvement of human life. Our expert physicians and clinicians, and every employee, strives each day to bring outstanding service to the bedside. Serving West Hills for more than 50 years, the hospital brings " quality care, close to home. Many of our services, including Orthopedic Surgery, Gastrointestinal Care, and Critical Care are highly ranked on a national scale. We provide a special place for women with our women's s diagnostic center. We house an expansive Emergency Department, now made more accessible 24/7 with the addition of a new helipad. This means a more efficient transport service for the region's burn patients and others who are critically injured. The hospital is also an Advanced Stroke Center as designed by the Joint Commission and home to the first accredited Chest Pain Center in Los Angeles County. Our staff of 900 employees and Medical Staff of 450 look forward to serving you.
Job Responsibilities of the Director of Surgical Services RN:
Job Qualifications of the Director of Surgical Services RN:
- Scanning the competitive environment, leading business planning process, and providing strategies to drive profitable service line growth while reducing costs per case.
- Partnering closely with senior executives, sales and marketing executives, and service line management to enable growth strategies.
- Developing business cases, including financials, for new program development and capital projects.
- Identifying and driving new physician and volume opportunities for the hospital ensuring alignment with clinical leaders.
- Working together with marketing and physician relations executives to promote the services to physicians and consumers.
- Collaborating with physicians to develop and foster positive working relationships.
- Monitoring key operational and financial metrics for improvement opportunities.
- Driving process improvement within the service line to increase employee engagement and physician s satisfaction.
- Enabling finding solutions to problems that get in the way of differentiated service.
- Working with hospital administrative team and department director(s) for program development, implementation, execution monitoring, and evaluation of services at the hospital.
- Ensuring physician and professional staff have the necessary equipment to perform.
- Participating in hospital annual budgeting process related to the service line.
- Engaging with national, division, and facility service line leaders to obtain and share best practices in the service line.
- Supporting the recruitment process to secure staffing talent.
- Supporting a positive patient experience by providing optimal cost-effective delivery of services by physicians and professional staff within a safe department.
- Ensuring that oversight, processes, and resources are in place to improve clinical outcomes.
- Enabling clinical excellence by aligning goals with the clinical leaders and removing barriers for clinical practice as needed.
- Communicating to clinical leaders any matters that can affect the clinical operations and deferring clinical judgments to those leaders.
- Participating in rounding with patients and meeting with physicians and staff to ensure a high-quality patient experience.
- Collaborating with the facility surgical procedure schedulers focusing on accurate data collection and customer service to increase the surgical volume.
Compensation and Benefits of the Director of Surgical Services RN:
- BSN Required
- Master s in nursing preferred.
- Current licensure of the State of California.
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
- Salary: Commensurate with experience.
- Sign-on Bonus Case by case basis.
- Yearly Bonus: Up to 15% of salary - based on performance.
- Relocation - Case by case basis.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Saturday, July 17, 2021