RN - Director of Inpatient Nursing (Critical Care)
- Austin, TX
We are currently recruiting a Registered Nurse (RN) Director of Inpatient Nursing (Critical Care) to work in Austin, Texas in a 58-bed facility. Nationally, it is recognized as a leader in cardiac care, featuring state-of-the-art cardiovascular technology. Providing comprehensive, physician-directed, and patient-centered care that results in excellent patient outcomes and satisfaction ratings.
The facility was recognized with the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014, which is the highest level of national recognition for performance excellence that a U.S. organization can receive. Healthgrades awarded the hospital the 2016 America s 100 Best Hospital Award, 2016 Patient Safety Excellence Award, and the 2016 Outstanding Patient Excellence Award. Only three hospitals in the nation were able to achieve the trio of awards.
Job Responsibilities of the Director of Inpatient Nursing (Critical Care) RN:
Job Qualifications of the Director of Inpatient Nursing (Critical Care) RN:
- This position has 24-hour accountability for the clinical practice of nursing and the delivery of patient care within the nursing units.
- This role encompasses management of human, fiscal, and other resources, development of personnel, compliance with regulatory and professional standards, strategic planning, and fostering collaborative relationships.
- Participates in direct care as needed, with the remaining time involving managerial tasks.
- Collaborates with other team leaders in sharing of staff and resources, as well as assists in the cross-training of the staff.
- Participates in providing patient-specific care standards as directed and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
- You will assist in the overall operation of the hospital through active participation in projects aimed at achieving the hospital s mission and incorporates the values of the hospital in day-to-day activities.
- You will assist in the selection of equipment, supplies, and goods, for the running of the hospital, and caring for patients, with goals of quality and cost-efficiency.
- You will communicate with staff and physicians on administrative issues and follows-up to bring closure to such issues.
- You will prepare a departmental budget, projecting reasonable activity levels and expenses required to achieve approved net margin for work unit(s). Operates work unit(s) within the approved budget.
- You will be responsible for adequate numbers of staff daily.
- You will assume a leadership role in the maintenance of the patient-focused care delivery system.
- You will conduct competency reviews of staff. Identifies learning needs of staff members, and in collaboration with Nursing Education, develops plans to meet educational needs.
- You will initiate progressive disciplinary action/terminations when necessary.
- You will conduct routine department meetings to keep staff informed. Ensure that there is a complete flow of information through the department.
- You will actively participate in administering patient care and management of related services.
- You will coordinate the admission, discharge, and transfer of patients in collaboration with other team leaders.
- You will assure that patient equipment and supplies are available and in working order.
- You will maintain personal responsibility for professional growth and development.
Compensation and Benefits of the Director of Inpatient Nursing (Critical Care) RN:
- Three years of clinical experience in a critical/acute care setting; at least 6 months of charge/supervisor experience.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Graduate of accredited nursing school.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing- required.
- Master s Degree in Nursing- preferred.
- Registered Nurse with Texas state licensure or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact. If working under compact license, must have a current state license within 90 days.
- BLS certification.
- ACLS certification.
- NRP certification.
- Certification in critical care is preferred.
- Salary: $118K - $150K depending on experience.
- 15% leadership incentive annually
- Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Case by case basis.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Saturday, July 17, 2021
$118K - $150K /yr.