RN - Director of Patient Safety
- North Richland Hills, TX
We are currently recruiting a full-time Registered Nurse (RN) Director of Patient Safety in North Richland Hills, Texas to practice in a 164-bed acute care hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County in North Richland Hills. The hospital has over 300 physicians and 30 medical specialties. The ER has about 39, 000 visits each year and is a Level III Trauma Center. Additionally, we are a Primary Stroke Center, perform spine surgery and joint replacements and have a comprehensive cardiovascular services department. Our hospital is an accredited Cycle 5 Chest Pain Center with a cardiac rehabilitation program.
Job Responsibilities of the Director of Patient Safety RN:
Job Qualifications of the RN Director of Patient Safety RN:
- Coordinates patient safety programs for the facility.
- Responsible for promoting safe and efficient work environments for all staff members and patients.
- Coordinates facility-wide risk and patient safety-related programs for the continuous improvement of the quality of care and service affecting all customers patients, physicians, employees, and payors.
- Effectively report, investigate, and analyze patient safety incidents, medical errors, and potential risks in the facility.
- Facilitate thorough and credible serious event analysis that results in strong sustainable improvement strategies.
- Facilitate thorough and credible failure mode effect analysis to identify and mitigate unintended adverse patient outcomes and evaluate the effectiveness of process changes.
- Perform patient safety rounds that identify patient safety risks.
- Empower staff to identify and participate in the resolution of patient safety concerns.
- Coordinate disclosure of serious events to patients and/or families in accordance with organizational policy and regulations.
- Assure timely reporting of patient safety work products (PSWP) to the patient safety organization.
- Actively participate in PSO learning collaboratives.
Compensation and Benefits of the Director of Patient Safety RN:
- BSN Required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Certification in Patient Safety (CPPS) is required; if not already CPPS must obtain certification within 12 months of hire.
- TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer, if not already a Master Trainer, must obtain within 12 months of hire.
- Minimum of three years of healthcare experience in patient safety, risk, and/or quality preferred.
- Healthcare experience should be recent and within a clinical setting such as a hospital, ambulatory surgery center, etc.
- Prefer Med Surg background acute care.
- Current director smaller hospital that wants to grow/step up.
- Salary: $40 - $57; depending on years of experience, with room for a yearly merit increase.
- Director Bonus up to 15% of salary based on performance.
- Relocation assistance and sign-on bonus on a case-by-case basis.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits
Wednesday, July 21, 2021