- Orange Park, FL
We are currently recruiting Medical Technologists (MTs) in Orange Park, Florida, to provide care in a 317-bed facility known for its high-quality services to include cardiovascular care, a level II NICU and the only Level II Trauma Center in the county. The lab is a full-service clinical lab and anatomic pathology services for the hospital. This is a full-time Medical Lab Technologist position, days, nights, and weekends. New grads are welcome in this position!
Open Positions: - 14
DUTIES OF THE MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST:
- Perform a full range of automated and non-automated laboratory procedures in the areas of chemistry, urinalysis, hematology, serology, bacteriology, and immunohematology.
- Evaluate requested procedures to determine the suitability of specimens for analysis. Prepare specimens for analysis, ensuring that the physiologic state of the properties is maintained.
- Prepare reagents and primary reference materials as necessary. Calibrate, standardize, adjust, and maintain instruments. Verified correct instrument operation using established procedures and quality control checks. Identify the cause of common problems and make simple repairs.
- Recognize and react to indicators of malfunction. Locate and implement corrections.? Obtain analytical data, convert to prescribed units of reporting as necessary, and correlate data to verify results.
- Enter and certify laboratory results into the electronic health record computer system.
- Conduct quality control procedures on equipment, reagents, and products and maintain proper records for quality control and quality assurance reports.
- Instruct medical laboratory technicians, residents, and others in laboratory policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST:
- ASCP certification preferred.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years FT experience in a lab preferred, will train new graduates.
- A state of Florida license or the ability to obtain one during the interview process.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary, $24.63 to $32.51, depends on experience.
- Sign-on bonus up to $7,500 depends on which shift you take.
- Relocation up to $3000
- Shift differentials: $4 p/hour for weekends; $2.50 for evenings; and $3.50 for overnights.
- Matching 401k of 3-9%; PTO starts at four weeks per year; tuition reimbursement up to $5250 p/year
- Low-cost health, dental, and vision plans are available along with LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase programs plus many other benefits.
Sunday, July 25, 2021
$24.63 to $32.51 per hr.