RN - Postanesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- Plano, TX
We are currently recruiting a full-time Registered Nurse (RN) Post Anesthesia Care Unit (days) in Plano, Texas to practice in a 600+-bed acute care hospital with more than 2, 070 employees. The hospital has the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide exceptional care. Our services include a level 1 trauma center, comprehensive cancer treatment, advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive, orthopedics, heart and vascular care, and complete women' s and children's services including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 NICU.
Job Responsibilities of the Post Anesthesia Care Unit RN:
Job Qualifications of the Post Anesthesia Care Unit RN:
- The PACU RN in collaboration with other members of the perioperative team, the Recovery Room RN develops, coordinates, and implements a plan of care based on patient assessment, knowledge of surgical procedures, anesthesia plan, physician orders, application of relevant policies/procedures and AORN/ASPAN guidelines.
- Perform a comprehensive nursing assessment of the post-op patient and closely monitor vital signs and levels of consciousness as the patient recovers from the effects of anesthesia.
- Proactively observe and act accordingly to treat pain, nausea, and other patient post-op symptoms and any side effects of anesthesia.
- Administer medications as ordered by the physician and assess the surgical site for bleeding/change bandages.
- Incorporate teaching into all aspects of nursing practice.
- Must be willing to care for COVID patients.
- 1000 cases monthly.
- 25-bed unit.
Compensation and Benefits of the Post Anesthesia Care Unit RN:
- BSN Required.
- Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
- Current BLS/ACLS/PALS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- Minimum 1-year experience as RN in a high acuity PACU or 1 year ICU/Critical Care experience in an acute care setting.
- Salary: $31.57 - $53.46; depending on years of experience.
- Differential Nights:$3.75/hr Weekends $4.30/hr, On-call $3.00/hr
- Relocation assistance up to $3k, Sign on up to $7.5k
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
$31.57 - $53.46/hr.