RN - Administrative Director of Behavioral Health
- Richmond, VA
We are currently recruiting a full-time day Registered Nurse (RN) Administrative Director of Behavioral Health Nursing in Richmond, Virginia, to work in a 466-bed acute-care hospital with a wide-ranging host of services to include outpatient services, emergency medicine, women s services, orthopedic, cardiac care, and behavioral health.
About the Department:
Job Responsibilities of the Administrative Director of Behavioral Health RN:The Administrative Director of Nursing for Behavioral Health has responsibility for providing the leadership, direction, and administration of direct patient care activities, nursing practice, and nursing education and development across the facility. The AVP of Nursing is responsible for driving, supporting, and modeling a culture focused on employee engagement, quality, patient safety, fiscal responsibility, and the overall patient experience.
- 140 total bed unit.
- Substance abuse, mental health, in & outpatient behavioral health.
- Teamwork heavily focused to promote better patient management and high quality of care.
- Enhances quality outcomes by collaborating with leadership (including but not limited to the Vice President, Behavioral Health Services) and Quality Department. Plans, coordinates, manages and monitors comprehensive Behavioral Health quality management program. Facilitates the Tucker Pavilion Quality Management Committee Meetings. Serves as an organizational resource for Behavioral Health quality management information.
Aligns with CSG Behavioral Health Director Capital Division on all clinical initiatives (UoD, HBIPS, orientation, regulatory preparedness/mock surveys, patient satisfaction and safety). Escalate any conflicts between Nursing Agenda and Behavioral Health Agenda to Vice President, Behavioral Health Services.
Qualifications and Education for the Administrative Director of Behavioral Health RN:
- Strategizes and partners with the Vice President, Behavioral Health Services to drive process improvements focused on innovative care delivery and/or operational models designed to improve clinical services, outcomes, patient throughput, and patient safety.
- Ensures patient and family-centered care is comprehensive, coordinated, and monitored for effectiveness through the quality improvement model that leads to systematic improvements over time resulting in outcomes measures that outperform benchmark statistics of national database used in patient and nursing sensitive indicators.
- Collaborates with other disciplines for the implementation of programs, policies, and procedures that address how patient care needs of the patient population served are assessed, met and evaluated.
- Promotes interdisciplinary collaboration with clear expectations and direction to all practicing nurses about the importance of partnerships with patients and families, and with all disciplines to ensure a comprehensive care plan is developed and documented.
- Coordinates and directs nursing activities related to Joint Commission, DBHDS, HCFA, and other regulatory agencies to promote compliance with all standards and/or to address and resolve any deficiencies. Works collaboratively with Administration, Risk Management, and Behavioral Health staff in coordinating risk management activities. Facilitates handling of patient/family/staff concerns. Shared responsibility for directors for 24/7 ownership for staffing of the units
- Serves as a member of the Nurse Leadership Team, building and supporting effective collegial relationships with applicable internal and external constituents and stakeholders and ensuring optimal operating effectiveness and strategic positioning.
Compensation and Benefits for the Administrative Director of Behavioral Health RN:
- Required - Graduate of an accredited school or professional nursing.
- Required Master s Degree in Nursing (MSN).
- Required five years of nursing leadership.
- Currently licensed as an RN in Virginia or a compact license.
- BLS healthcare provider.
- Previous experience in mental health preferred.
- CPI certification required.
- 1 year of acute care is preferred but will look at strong candidates without acute care.
- Salary: $135-140K, depends on experience.
- Sign-on bonus/relo as applicable.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Friday, July 16, 2021
$135-140K per year