RN - Director of Labor and Delivery
- Houston, TX
We are currently recruiting a full-time-days Registered Nurse (RN) Director of Labor and Delivery in Houston, Texas, for a 400-plus licensed beds facility. The hospital features comprehensive services such as maternity care, breast care, and neonatal intensive care.
The program sees more than 800 births per month, including the most multiple births in the region. The facility is also home to a full-service Pediatric Center, which treats children from newborns to teenagers through its PICU, Pediatric Emergency Room, Pediatric Medical/Surgical Unit, and more.
Job Duties and Responsibilities of the RN Director of Labor & Delivery:
Job Qualifications of the RN Director of Labor & Delivery:
- Cultivates a superior clinical identity by identifying and implementing evidence-based practices to advance patient safety and quality outcomes.
- Ensures adherence to standards of care.
- Manages variation in clinical practice to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and cost.
- Ensures a culture of accountability and transparency in the provision of care.
- Stays abreast of internal/external benchmarks, accreditations, and designations and actively pursues efforts to achieve.
- Stays abreast of legal and regulatory standards and ensures compliance.
- Recasting, patient flow coordination, and admission/discharge planning.
- Develops care coordination policies and procedures to promote improved quality, safety, and efficiency in care.
- Directs nursing practice and unit operations. Develops policies, procedures, and nursing standards to ensure patient and family needs are assessed, met, and evaluated.
- Provides leadership in attaining and sustaining an unparalleled patient experience.
- Instills accountability for providing consistent, positive patient interactions that differentiate the organization as a healthcare leader.
Compensation and Benefits of the RN Director of Labor & Delivery:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Required.
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare, or Business Administration required.
- 5+ years experience in Labor and Delivery preferred.
- 3+ years experience in a nursing leadership role preferred.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification.
- Salary: $115,000-$130,000; based on years of experience.
- Possible relocation and sign-on bonus for exceptionally qualified candidates.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
$115,000-$130,000 per year