- Arlington, TX
We are currently recruiting a full-time days Occupational Therapist in Arlington, Texas, for a 432-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. Our team consists of well over 1, 000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians, and other healthcare personnel and nearly 700 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties.
Performs direct patient care within the scope of the Occupational Therapy Practice Act, with emphasis on processes and patient outcomes. Performs age-specific patient assessments, care planning, and treatments for appropriate care setting: Acute care, Inpatient Rehab, and/or Outpatient as assigned. Creates an environment and culture that enables Therapy Services to fulfill the mission of the Hospital and meet or exceed its goals.
Open positions: - 9
Job Duties and Responsibilities of the Occupational Therapist:
- Performs assessments, establishes goals, performs therapy, assesses progress, and modifies treatment plan and goals based on patient's needs, including, but not limited to, neurological, orthopedic, general medicine, oncology, and other specific disease requiring occupational therapy intervention.
- Participates in coordination of care with the department manager, physicians, department staff, and ancillary services.
- Promotes and maintains a high customer service level.
- Responsible for the delegation of duties to support staff and maintains accountability of delegation.
- Responsible for the financial viability of Therapy Services, coordinating the submittal of accurate and timely billing and clinical information.
- Develops and strives for the achievement of financial objectives, including the implementation of budgetary guidelines.
- Supports the Therapy Services Manager in managing the resources of Therapy Services in an ethical, viable manner.
- Authorized to access secure drug and biological storage areas when completing a medication management orientation and when necessary to perform, the assigned duties.
Job Qualifications of the Occupational Therapist:
- Current Texas OT license.
- Current BLS issued by the American Heart Association.
- Master s degree in OT.
- 1 year preferred with acute care experience as an Occupational Therapist.
Compensation and Benefits of the Occupational Therapist:
- Salary: $31.31-$46.94 (Max 20 years); based on years of experience.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Friday, July 23, 2021