RN - Director of Med-Surg
- Waycross, GA
We are currently recruiting for a full-time days Registered Nurse (RN) Director of Medical-Surgical in Waycross GA, a 230 plus bed, full service, acute care medical facility that has been providing the highest quality medical center to the greater Waycross community and southeast Georgia region for more than 60 years.
The hospital serves as a regional referral center for more than 185, 000 residents across nine counties. Key Services include a very busy ER where we treat more than 45, 000 emergencies each year; Our Heart, Orthopedic, Surgery, Rehab, Sleep and Birthing Centers with specialists trained specifically or these needs and an extensive Mental Health program for seniors and those suffering from memory loss.
Job Duties and Responsibilities of the RN Director of Med-Surg:
Job Qualifications of the RN Director of Med-Surg:
- Develop and support the strategic direction and operational needs of the department(s).
- Implement, assess, evaluate, plan, develop and organize programs and services to assure our mission is achieved.
- Recruit and assure the competence of customer-focused staff, analyze, organizational performance issues, develop quality improvement indicators, and develop and maintain department budgets.
- Responsible for the successful day-to-day operation of the assigned patient care area(s).
- Assume the role of leader in planning, organizing, coaching, and facilitating the department functions and staff to ensure quality service during operational hours.
- Have knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures relevant to the delivery of nursing care.
Compensation and Benefits of the RN Director of Med-Surg:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State in which you practice or must hold Compact/Multi-State RN License.
- Bachelor's Degree Required; Master's Degree preferred.
- A current BLS and ACLS from American Heart Association (AHA or American Red Cross are required.
- 3+ years of recent experience in acute care med-surg; 3+ years of supervisory/leadership experience.
- Reports directly to the CNO.
- Just under 100 direct reports, 61 inpatient med-surg beds, around 10 discharges per day.
- Salary: $110,000-$120,000; based on years of experience.
- Up to 15% annual performance incentive.
- Possible relocation up for exceptionally qualified candidates.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Wednesday, July 21, 2021