RN - Manager Progressive Care Unit
- Lewisville, TX
We are currently recruiting a full-time Registered Nurse (RN) Manager Progressive Care Unit in Lewisville, Texas, 185 plus bed full-service medical and surgical facility offering 24-hour emergency services. We are licensed to accommodate 186 patients. Excellent customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. We are proud that more than 360 physicians and over 800 healthcare associates have chosen this facility as their professional home. Our supportive environment, advanced technologies, and innovative medicines allow them to best treat you our treasured patients with the highest quality health care in a comfortable and compassionate setting.
Manager of PCU - The Manager is responsible for the supervision, coordination, and evaluation of nursing care provided on the assigned unit(s). The Manager also coordinates and supervises the activities for the unit, which supports the safe and efficient delivery of care. The Unit Manager assists the Department Director in the implementation of Performance Improvement activities, hospital policies/procedures, and in the financial management of the Unit.
Job Responsibilities of the PCU Manager RN:
Job Qualifications of the PCU Manager RN:
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Interviewing and hiring nursing staff.
- Scheduling nursing staff.
- Clinical resource for the Nursing Unit.
- Serves as an advocate for nursing staff.
- Evaluating staff performance.
- Discipline, counseling, and staff development.
- Participates in the financial management of the assigned unit.
- Participates in financial planning/budgeting for the assigned unit.
- Plans and conducts staff meetings.
- Plans and coordinates unit-related in-services.
- Manages clinical activities on assigned unit, assuring age-specific standards are maintained by staff as well as manager.
- Maintains 24-hour accountability for the direction, supervision, coordination, and evaluation of activities and services of the assigned unit.
- Seeks opportunities to improve department or interdepartmental processes.
Compensation and Benefits of the PCU Manager RN:
- BSN required. MSN preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License or RN Compact State License is accepted.
- BLS issued by the American Heart Association is required.
- ACLS issued by the American Heart Association within 6 months of hire.
- Advanced Nursing Certification-within 6 months of hire.
- 65 FTE.
- Pre-covid - 46-bed unit - Medical patients - strictly medical.
- Type of surgery cases - ENDO - GI lab - not major invasive. More invasive goes to Med Surg.
- 4 clinical Supervisors - 2 day / 2 night.
- Salary: $40.19-$60.27 (20+ years); depending on years of experience.
- Relocation up to $3, 000-$5, 000 (with a 2yr commitment); sign on up to $10, 000 (with a 2yr commitment).
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Wednesday, July 21, 2021