RN - Manager of Surgical Services
- San Jose, CA
We are currently recruiting a Registered Nurse (RN) Manager of Surgical Services to work in San Jose, California in a level II trauma center. The hospital services include cardiovascular, neuro, ortho, bariatric/general surgery, and many more specialties. It has an advanced certification as a comprehensive stroke center and a certified chest pain center.
Job Responsibilities of the Manager of Surgical Services RN:
Job Qualifications of the Manager of Surgical Services RN:
- Responsible for the activities, supervision, management and direction of the surgical services department.
- Assists the director in maintaining the highest degree of clinical and operational performance of the department.
- Responsible for the leadership of surgical services personnel and/or students and functions as a resource for physicians, nursing staff, and patients.
- Responsible for the delivery of professional nursing care and leadership to the staff.
- Basic understanding of the nursing process, develop and enforce guidelines of a medical plan of care and department policies.
- Assesses patients in order of plan, intervenes and evaluates care.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and works collaboratively with the department director, physicians, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Ability to ensure operational efficiency, solve problems, and make decisions.
- Ability to sustain direction under minimal supervision, assess needs, direct staff and carries out departmental and professional responsibilities.
- Oversee the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Motivates employees to achieve their peak performance and productivity.
Compensation and Benefits of the Manager of Surgical Services RN:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, BSN required.
- Five years of experience in the OR along with experience in the PACU, Endo, and Pre-Op.
- 2-5 years of experience in supervision in the surgical services area.
- California RN license.
- BLS/ACLS required.
- 63 direct reports; 9 OR s.
- 350 cases p/month along with 150 endoscopy cases.
- Salary: $201k; depending on years of experience.
- Relo assistance may be available, depends on where the nurse is coming from; no sign-on.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Friday, July 23, 2021
$201k per yr.