RN - Director of Emergency Services
- Asheville, NC
We are currently recruiting a full-time Registered Nurse (RN) Director of Emergency Services in Asheville, North Carolina, to work in the state's sixth-largest health system, operating six hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, and the region s only Level II trauma center.
Job Responsibilities of the Director of Emergency Services RN:
Qualifications and Education for the Director of Emergency Services RN:
- Identify real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow-through and communication.
- Participates in service, departmental, and hospital-wide committees as assigned.
- Advances the patient experience in the ED.
- Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback, constructive critique of their work, facilitates individual development plans, and documents their job performance.
- Participates in employee and patient rounding identifies and mentors potential future leaders.
- Enforces standards of ED care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting, and hospital policy of patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
- Develops, prioritizes, and defends a capital equipment budget.
- Responsible for the fiscal management of the department, assuring proper utilization of the department's financial resources.
- Develops and builds upon strategic external networks.
- Manage a department of more than 150 FTEs with the help of three nurse managers.
- 94 exam rooms; 260 patients/day, 32 ambulances, and two helicopters.
Compensation and Benefits for the Director of Emergency Services RN:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required. MHA, MSN, MBA preferred.
- Three plus years of experience in the ED along with three-plus years of a leadership role.
- NC nursing license or compact license.
- BLS/ACLS required.
- PALS or ENPC required. National certification in emergency room nursing is preferred.
- One year of acute care experience working in an ER, urgent care centers may qualify based upon the type of work in that center.
- Salary: $120k-$150k, depends on experience.
- Relo assistance up to $10k; sign-on of $20k.
- Yearly bonus up to 15% of salary, based upon performance.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low-cost medical, dental, life, and vision options.
- LTD, STD, flexible spending accounts, employee stock purchase program, plus many other outstanding benefits.
Saturday, July 17, 2021
$120k-$150k per year