Embedded Software Engineer
Testa Search Partners
- Atlanta, GA
Our client in Dunwoody (north Atlanta suburbs) is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to do the following:
- Full development and lifecycle responsibility for embedded software (firmware) products (from cradle to grave), including; technical requirements, generation of design documentation, coding and code reviews/inspections, firmware/software verification testing, HW/FW and system integration and debug of firmware/software systems issues.
- Drive extensions to existing products (added functionality).
- Generation of BSPs and chip drivers.
- Develop test programs and scripts for development and manufacturing testing.
- Support of ‘over the air’ communication protocols.
- Design, coding, integration, documentation and bug fixing.
- 1-3 years of progressive embedded software development experience.
- Must have very well-structured programming practices.
- Directly applicable experience with low cost/low power/resource constrained embedded processors.
- Microchip/Atmel embedded processor experience ideal.
- Expertise with C and assembly language programming.
- Familiarity with Linux and operating systems.
- Knowledge of advanced data and memory structures (state machines, unions, linked lists, queues and circular buffers).
- Experience with Cellular and ISM band RF devices ideal.
- Expertise with configuration management tools and practices (Git, SVN).
- Experience with scripting languages with Python being ideal.
- Able to work in a Microsoft development environment.
- Working knowledge of hardware to facilitate integration efforts (including using test equipment like oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and spectrum analyzers).
- BS Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics Engineering or similar degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Tuesday, August 13, 2019