Field Application Engineer - Generalist
- Atlanta, GA
Our Client is a global leader is a broadline electronic distributor.We have over 5,000 employees Worldwide.We are well-known to the engineering community for our leading-edge technology.We support our design and production with world class supply chain solutions.
Job Title: Field Applications Engineer - Generalist
Reports To: Engineering Manager
The (FAE) will provide comprehensive technical support for customer circuit design and system development. You will be involved with customer presentations, strategic supplier product introductions, and technical sales training for customers, the regional sales team through lunch and learn seminars, workshops, webcasts and various other forums. You will work with the Sales team to develop and execute successful demand creation programs for our company and our strategic suppliers within your assigned region.
- Provide support as well as early system solution consultation to end customers. Provide design guidance and troubleshooting/debug/issue resolution throughout the customer’s design & development phases.
- Provide training and direction on new technology to sales teams with varying technical knowledge in a fashion to maximize the team’s overall efficiency and ROI for demand creation activity.
- Qualify the opportunity and ensure maximum return on investment for the demand creation efforts.
- Execute programs to strengthen and leverage our customer and manufacturer relationships. Support franchise maintenance and acquisition through initiatives such as market wide or customer site seminars and trainings, technical sales programs and technical marketing programs.
- Understand customer requirements in detail and provide technical solutions from various suppliers. Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of supplier technologies and position these technologies for different vertical segments: Industrial/ Consumer/ Automotive/ Telecommunications/ Mil – Aero.
- Attend supplier (manufacturer) trainings and conduct technical sessions with customer’s engineering team.
- Complete supplier mandated trainings and certifications.
- Deepen and broaden connections with key decision makers within suppliers and customers.
- Strong academic and technical background in electrical/ electronic/ computer engineering. At minimum a BSEE is required, and an MSEE is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 – 15 years of related electrical design or semiconductor applications engineering.
- The ideal candidate has strong technical knowledge in Embedded Hardware, Software, systems architecture, security and design. Must have worked with microcontrollers, microprocessors, wireless portfolio (wifi/ sub 1 Ghz/ cellular/ zigbee etc.) and security portfolio (authentication and encryption)
Communication Skills: Good interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and good organizational skills for effectively communicating the technical specifications to the customers.
Organizational Skills: Possess a strong ability to prioritize tasks to maximize productivity and performance. Adherence to deadlines and commitments is critical.
Leadership Skills: This role is responsible for driving many diverse programs with the sales team, customers, and suppliers. Therefore, the ability to motivate others is a critical skill set. Matrix Management experience.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, Quarterly MBO program, health and dental plans, 401(k), car allowance, and unique Engineering training programs
- Exposure to learn about products from key leading suppliers in Power: ST / Microchip/ Renesas/ Maxim/ Lattice/ Cypress/NXP
- Opportunity to work with different customers: Industrial/ Automotive/ Telecommunications/ Consumer/ Mil- Aero.
- Hands on training on latest edge cutting technology products from suppliers.
Wednesday, April 3, 2019