Field Application Engineer - Power Components Engineer
- Dallas, TX, United States
LOCATION: HOME OFFICE TO BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN THE US
TERRITORY: NORTHEAST, NORTH CENTRAL, WEST
Our Client - A global expert in electrical specialties and advanced materials. They design innovative solutions adapted to the needs of their customers to optimize their industrial performance in key sectors: energy, transport, electronics, chemicals / pharmaceuticals, process industries, and Automotive.
JOB TITLE: SOLUTIONS ENGINEER (Power, Mid-low voltage, Inverters, Rectifiers)
Work with the Americas sales team to technically differentiate our product to drive specification position and advance the sales process. Support conversions, specification development, new product launch and other pre-sale efforts. Focus on strategically significant accounts and opportunities as assigned by VP, Solutions Engineering. Complements the sales process by serving as the technical solution expert on assigned opportunities. Keep abreast and up to date on current technologies, techniques and processes for our product offering and applications. Builds relationships with key account stakeholders on a technical level. Provides technical linkage between the customer and all product divisions.
CONTEXT OF THE POSITION AND MAJOR CHALLENGES
Technically proficient to adapt to current and future sales engagements. Supports next level technical conversations around conversions, training, new product launch, and specification as assigned. Positions sales to advance opportunities to next stage. Provides input to PAC process and facilitates bi-directional communication between us and our customers.
- Maintains high level of technical proficiency, application and market knowledge
- Technically supports sales process for assigned opportunities and accounts.
- Build and sustain strong relationships with customers and partners in support of opportunities, own all technical aspects and provide technical guidance.
- Highly engage in PAC process. Translate key learnings and insight from customers into innovation/ideas for our company. Support new product launch.
- Support trade shows and seminars via technical hands on and presentations.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and embrace new technology via self-teaching as well as formal training.
- Related duties as required
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES)
- Education: BSEE (Electrical Engineering) or higher degree preferred –Power Electronics, Inverters, Rectifiers, Mid-High voltage
- 5+ years in the electrical industry working directly with the end user and consulting engineers.
- Excellent communicator of technical topics and subjects to a technical and non-technical audience including technical presentations to many people
- Technically proficient in our products and applications.
- Excellent communicator of technical topics and subjects to a technical and non-technical audience including technical presentations at key customer and industry events.
- High degree of learning agility to stay abreast of new products, technology and applications.
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to interact with technical counterparts within customer.
- Highly innovative, out of the box thinker capable of translating field learning to new product ideas.
- Ability to travel up to 50% as needed, at times with limited notice, by air or car.
- MUST be willing to work remotely (home office) within 30 minutes to a metro airport
Wednesday, February 26, 2020