Senior Electrical Engineer - Semiconductor Power -
- Boston, MA
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
- Support the efforts of New Product Development by designing new products, ensuring that all products meet all necessary standards and or customer specification.
- In addition, support as necessary manufacturing related product issues as they may arise. Work in a team environment, design all products so that they are manufacturable and meet the target cost objectives.
- At time the candidate will also participate in special engineering special projects.
The candidate will also be responsible for writing procedures, developing processes, and providing engineering support for all locations as required.
- To ensure that new product is completed in a timely manner.
- To contribute to the support of the design teams to meet their goals.
- To contribute to the support of Product Management to meet their deadlines on new product.
- To represent the company as needed on industry or code panels such as NEMA,IEEE, or NEC as required.
- Perform other duties as they may be assigned by management.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering is a must.
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering is a plus
- 10 years plus of experience in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- Design knowledge/experience in electrical circuit protection is a plus 5 plus Engineering project management experience and is acting as a project leader is a plus.
- Strong NEC/CEC knowledge and exhibited experience in building electrical systems and design, including sizing and specifying electrical service equipment, transformers, metering equipment, protective relaying and/or overcurrent devices, cable, conduit, switchboards, and panel boards.
- Experience with Circuit protection safety standards (UL, CSA, IEC, IEEE, ANSI, NEC, etc.)
- Experience in low voltage and medium voltage system design is a plus
- Experience with performing load calculations, short-circuit, and coordination studies.
- SKM (or similar) software proficiency preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of power generation and distribution system.
- Familiarity with basic machine shop practices.
- Creative, hands-on individual.
- Experience in power electronics and power systems
- Able to work in high voltage and high current environments.
- Working experience with PC operating platforms (DOS, Windows, Excel, etc.)
- Experience in other electrical and or thermal simulation software is a plus.
- Travel to other locations (Juarez Mexico and France) will be required. 15-20%
Wednesday, February 26, 2020