Director Technical Sales Engineering
- Irvine, CA
JOB TITLE:DIRECTOR TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEERING
LOCATION:PREFERABLY - CA/TX
Come join a growing global technology company and supply chain solutions provider. Through our culture of Innovation, we inspire, build and deliver business results, from idea to outcome.
Our specialty is empowering our business partners by bridging the gap between business strategy and technology solutions.
We are looking for a Director Technical Sales Engineering to lead a team of Field Applications Engineers (FAEs) and Manufacturer Representatives to achieve strategic and quota objectives across North America. You will do this through continuous development of your team, facilitating and participating in collaboration between key stakeholders, building relationships directly with customers, and driving continuous improvement initiatives. Our Director Technical Sales Engineering will create an environment on their team that inspire mastery of technical skill, application of demand generation techniques, development and rigorous execution of account strategy, and pursuit of trusted relationships between FAEs and their customers. candidate is self-driven, sales-minded and open to making contacts with our sales team.This individual must have a solid understanding of Electronic Component Distribution Industry.POSITION BASIC PURPOSE
We are seeking Director Technical Sales Engineering who will provide technology expertise to our Sales, FAE, and customers that will result in coverage of products and services that we provide.This individual must have proven career knowledge of Technical Sales, Field Sales, and understanding of Manufacturing Representative Management. The?Director, Sales Engineering?will report directly to the Corporate VP of Product Marketing and will work closely with the sales organization to establish sales approaches, present technical presentations to prospects, customers, and company associates. The Director Technical Sales Engineering will gather requirements and customer feedback from the Sales, Customer Experience and FAE team, ensuring our success against assigned targets annually.?
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Additional duties may be assigned as required)
- Responsible for utilizing an advanced understanding of the customer needs and technical leadership expertise to champion return on engineering investment.
- Has an advanced understanding of the customer’s needs and leverage engineering and design services resources to identify & facilitate solutions for customers. Apply intermediate technical.
- Expertise to influence technical designs, decision makers and executives through utilizing solution selling, resources, and strategies.
- Partner with the sales team across pre-and post-sales activities, providing more advanced technical support and consulting to promote demand creation.
- Perform and drive technical calibrations & research with sales, other departments, and suppliers in support of the customer design. Champion return on engineering investment, design win priorities, initiatives, and promotions by obtaining buy-in and support from sales.
- Attend supplier trainings in person and via conference Demonstrate an intermediate understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of supplier technologies and how those technologies relate to market needs.
- Manage supplier and customer expectations by building and developing relationships, keeping stakeholders up to date on activities, plans, and progressing towards initiatives Deepen and broaden connections with key decision makers within suppliers and customers.
- Strategic role: Attend and actively participate in strategic branch meetings and QBR. Develop and drive strategic technical plans by supplier line or customer solutions. Participate in initiatives through branch training and customer calls. Organize engineering customer events. May support design services initiatives.
- Partner closely with sales management to meet the company’s business objectives and ensure the successful sale and deployment of company solutions across all vertical industries and customers.
- Recruit, develop, improve, and maintain the Field Application Engineering and Manufacturer Representative organizations and processes to successfully meet and exceed the company’s sales goals.
- Plan and manage the team resources, ensuring they are efficiently deployed to support a broad range of customer and partner needs.
- Understand and communicate technical issues and/or enhancement requests from customers back to technical support, product management.
- Perform strategic win/loss analysis to optimize sales execution
- Provide reporting on sales and engineering activities, customer initiatives, and product requirements.
- Collaborate with NA Sales leadership and other stakeholders to align Sales, Field Applications, and Manufacturer Reps.
- Ensure Sales, Field Applications, and Manufacturer Reps are enabled to support all required Sourceability products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills.
- Provide technical leadership and knowledge to the Sales, Field Applications, and Manufacturer Reps organization.
- Proactively engage with Sales Leadership to create close alignment and develop technical tools/programs to support sales campaigns and initiatives
- Becoming the champion of all present and future products and services
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical field required.
- 8+ years' experience in sales engineering, and/or sales
- Proven Leadership skill with managerial experience
- Experience working across multiple industries
- Experience working with both Fortune 1000 companies and Venture Capital and startup companies
Saturday, July 13, 2019