Field Sales Representative - Minneapolis, MN
- Minneapolis, MN
Our Client is one of the leading distributors of electronic components. They have more than 1500 employees at 70 locations throughout the world, leading to their success. Due to continued expansion within the global electronics market, we want to build up our sales organization and are currently looking for the following position for our office in Minneapolis, MN
Job Title: Field Sales Engineer
Reports To: VP North America
The Field Sales Representative will support our client in the Minneapolis territory. This role is responsible for selling company products and services to the customers in an assigned territory. Responsibilities include creating sales opportunities, defending sales, and penetrating sales, for existing and potential customers within the assigned territory while growing GP dollars.
- Create new opportunities, registrations and design wins for the defined territory by generating/pursuing business leads and calling on customers, resulting in established relationships and winning product orders to achieve sales objectives.
- Working with local and regional suppliers to create a partnership that will position the company as the primary distributor of choice. Ensuring to attend supplier’s trainings to pass along the knowledge of the product to the customer.
- Partnering and collaborating with the Inside Sales and Marketing teams to effectively devise a strategy for penetrating DTAM accounts within assigned territory.
- Create credibility with customers by attending/conducting product training and understanding the customers’ needs and becoming a part of their company’s future roadmap.
- Pursues new business leads by using all resources available including reps, trade shows, networking, manufacturers, internet, and Internal resources to penetrate and secure new business resulting in expanding the customer base and potential sale.
- Follows through on every level of the sales cycle for key customers by keeping in touch with the customer, inside sales, manufacturers, quotes and make sure that everything is complete, timely and is meeting customer expectations.
- Answers and resolves all key customer technical questions, problems and complaints by responding to the contact, resolving the issue of concern, and following through in a timely manner to provide the highest level of service available.
- Entertains customers in the normal course of business, to aid in negotiations and/or to show appreciation of business, by hosting a lunch/dinner when appropriate.
- Maintains market awareness on competitor activities, industry trends and new concepts by reading industry periodicals, networking, attending periodic update training events and trade shows which will ensure that the rep current on industry knowledge to aid in making informed decisions and adding value.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Degree from a four-year college or university preferred, with a minimum of 5-10 years’ sales experience within a similar industry.
SKILLS, & CERTIFICATIONS
Knowledge, understanding and/or experience in technical sales.
Must possess a valid state driver’s license, safe driving
Exhibits strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and project management skills.
Friday, May 25, 2018