Field Application Engineer - Sensor Devices - Boston, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Raleigh
- Boston, MA
Our Client is a global leader is a broadline electronic distributor. We have over 5,000 employees Worldwide. We are well-known to the engineering community for our leading-edge technology. We support our design and production with world class supply chain solutions.
Job Title: Field Application Engineer - Sensor Devices – (MEMS, thermal, optical, radar, environmental, and Hall Effect type sensors)
This role will provide comprehensive technical support for customer hardware selection and Firmware development. You will be involved with the development of customer presentations, strategic supplier product introductions, product demonstrations, technical sales training for customers, and the regional sales team via lunch and learn sensor seminars, workshops, webcasts and various other forums. You will work with the Regional Sales Manager(s) to develop and execute successful demand creation programs for customers and strategic suppliers within your assigned region. There will be an emphasis on supporting image sensor aspects of the design where a customer falls short and the Supplier does not or is not capable of supporting. Our main thrust of technologies will be in Image Sensors, both CMOS and CCD with support for many other sensor technologies including MEMS, thermal, optical, radar, environmental, and Hall Effect type sensors.
- Provide support as well as early system solution consultation to end customers providing design guidance and troubleshooting/debug/issue resolution throughout the customer’s design & development phases.
- Provide training and direction on new technology to sales teams with varying technical knowledge in a fashion to maximize the team’s overall efficiency and ROI for demand creation activity.
- Execute programs to strengthen and leverage our customer and manufacturer relationships. Support franchise maintenance and acquisition through initiatives such as market wide or customer site seminars and trainings, technical sales programs and technical marketing programs.
- Provide software and firmware support in a low maintenance situation. Prep the potential long-term software/firmware jobs for specific software experts within our Team.
Qualification and Experience:
- Education and Experience
- BSEE/BS Engineering required, MSEE preferred
- 2-5 years of progressive embedded system design experience in at least two of the following technologies:
- Image sensor (CMOS or CCD) hardware/firmware design
- MEMS sensors hardware/firmware design
- Camera module hardware/firmware design
- Hall Effect sensor layout, design, and implementation.
- Embedded Software/Firmware (Sensor Fusion) in support of MEMS sensor hardware.
- Communication Skills
- Possess a proven ability to effectively communicate with customers through verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Organizational Skill - Possesses strong ability to prioritize tasks in order to maximize productivity and performance. Adherence to deadlines and commitments is critical.
- Leadership Skill - The FAE is responsible for driving many diverse programs with the sales team, customers, and suppliers. Therefore, the ability to motivate others is a critical skill set.
Tuesday, December 4, 2018