Technical Sourcing Manager
- Methuen, MA
Our Client - A global expert in electrical specialties and advanced materials. They design innovative solutions adapted to the needs of their customers to optimize their industrial performance in key sectors: energy, transport, electronics, chemicals / pharmaceuticals, process industries, and Automotive.
Job Title:Technical Procurement Manager
POSITION BASIC PURPOSEDevelops, drives and implements the sourcing strategies participating in the supplier’s engagement with an overall focus of influencing technology roadmaps, maintaining long term supplier relationships and managing to the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Maintain current knowledge of the technology and industry trends and perform competitive analysis on relevant products.
- Develop and maintain deep technical relationships with core suppliers. Influence supplier’s technology roadmaps to ensure our product/components architecture and technical requirements are met.
- Provide technical commodity, supplier expertise and consulting to design engineering for lower total cost.
Resolve all technical queries arising from the quote process.
- Own technical expertise in the supplier negotiations and provide review and input for product development and Master Supply Agreements.
- Negotiate consignment material agreements with suppliers where appropriate.
- MBA preferred, BS/BA minimum with min 10 years direct experience in technical procurement
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Detailed understanding of MRP/ERP
- NPI (new product introduction) experience
- Global sourcing experience
Wednesday, September 11, 2019