- Newburyport, MA
POSITION BASIC PURPOSE
Responsible for all marketing, product development direction, strategy and product line maintenance activities relative to assigned products to maximize sales and profitability.
- Contribute to the development of a 5 year Product Line Business plan by supplying regional input as requested by the Business Line Manager
- Develop, promote and gain approval of a one year product line tactical plan that supports the Product Business Line plan
- Provide pricing strategies and monitor off-book pricing in concert with the Quotations Department.
- Establish prices for all new products being introduced to the market place.
- Identify new product needs of the marketplace from interaction with end users, distributors, OEM’s and the formal use of Voice of the Customer.
- Contributes to the development of the NPDS and product specification used by the Engineering department to develop all new product development projects
- Ensure market and customer requirements are contained within the QFD and product specification
- Coordinates and monitors progress of all product projects. Reports updates in monthly Product Management Review meeting
- Contribute to the Product Approval Committee by supporting deliverables such as market size, competitive information, price points, risk analysis and others
- Ensure product introductions are complete with appropriate collateral, promotion, pricing support, and inventory.
- Track new product performance and adjust plan in accordance with market reaction
- Initiate projects to improve or maintain gross margin
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the markets served by their products
- Coordinate the production and coordination of all reference material/technical information for publication to field sales and customers
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date analysis of all pertinent competitive activity including pricing, products, and policies
- Manage the removal of low volume, obsolete, or unprofitable products
- Coordinate the audit of assigned products to insure quality and value
- Monitor customer reactions/complaints and provide necessary direction to Company for correction
- Support the demand management process with input into the sales forecast on a monthly basis
- Search for new opportunities in new and existing markets for the product lines he/she is responsible
- Maintain continuous knowledge of the current price levels of the market place for all products of responsibility
- Develop and update size and market share information for all products they are responsible
- Support product training of: Field Sales, Representatives, Customer Service and Technical Support
- Coordinate and initiate channels of communications for product information to end users, sales and distribution
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES):
- College degree in Engineering, Operations or equivalent field experience. Engineering preferred
- Minimum 3 years sales or customer facing experience
- Knowledge and experience in Electrical Industry preferred
- Knowledge or experience in protection and safety of electrical devices preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must interact well with both internal and external customer
- Advanced use of MS Office
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adjust priorities as appropriate
Travel up to 25-30%
Thursday, June 6, 2019