Field Application Electrical Engineer - Boston
- Boston, MA
Our Client is one of the leading distributors of electronic components.
Electronics shape the world - quite literally. In automobiles, industrial machinery and households, electronics control and manage countless functions - and the number of these functions is growing. The conditions for long-term sales success are laid out in the early project phases, which is why our experts advise and support customers from as early as the development phase, following the entire project through to serial production. One of these experts is the Field Application Engineer located in Massachusetts.
Job Title: Field Application Engineer
Reports To: VP of Sales
Role and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for utilizing an advanced understanding of the customer needs and technical leadership expertise.
- Participate as technical lead on large, complex customer engagements involving broad, system solutions and identify and drive demand creation content on designs.
- Partner with the sales team across pre-and post-sales activities, providing advanced technical support and consulting to promote demand creation.
- Provide technical leadership to the branch, customers, and suppliers shaping strategy and guiding technical direction/priorities.
- Possess a complete knowledge of products and full knowledge of entire scope of line card and product knowledge.
- Manage supplier and customer expectations by building and developing relationships with senior level decision makers, keeping stakeholders up-to-date on activities, plans, and progressing towards initiatives. Deepen and broaden connections with key decision makers within suppliers and customers.
- Attend and participate in branch meetings and QBR’s. You work and frequently visit customers with our Field Sales Representatives and alone to generate and track new projects together.
SKILLS, & CERTIFICATIONS
Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
Works independently; receives minimal guidance
Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Degree from a four-year college or university preferred, with a minimum of 0-4 years’ work-related experience
Tuesday, June 26, 2018