Sales Development Manager - Electric Vehicle
- Detroit, MI
Our Client - A global expert in electrical specialties and advanced materials. They design innovative solutions adapted to the needs of their customers to optimize their industrial performance in key sectors: energy, transport, electronics, chemicals / pharmaceuticals, process industries, and Automotive.
Job Title:Sales Development Manager – Electric Vehicle
Reports to:VP, Global Electric Vehicle BusinessPOSITION BASIC PURPOSEEstablish new development programs with targeted leaders in the EV market. Manage the existing opportunity pipeline, while creating new sales opportunities with these accounts. Significantly grow the America’s business in the automotive and heavy transportation segments.
Developing long term product developmental relationships with the engineering and purchasing organizations of key accounts;
The focus will be on introducing our capabilities in fuses, smart fuses, custom bus bars and cooling technologies; working then with customer designers and our technologists to develop the solutions required for the fast paced Electric Vehicle market. Targeted customers include OEM’s and Tier 1 accounts in the Detroit area, but can also include EV accounts in California and heavy transportation customers in the Midwest.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES):
- Develop and implement a new business strategy, aligning with company objectives, products and resources, to significantly grow the America’s business in the automotive segment.
- Collect competitive and market intelligence to help define future industry needs and requirements, along with recommended action plans to grow business for all four product lines.
- Interact with multiple levels within Engineering, Purchasing, and Quality professionals, defining the key decision makers, champions, influences and gatekeepers.
- Work with our Sales and Product Line resources to optimize the impact of the actions of the EV team.
- Arrange and host Skype call series with EV team members and customers, follow-up on actions, report progress.
- Participate in relevant trade shows to increase Company visibility and position for future new business growth.
- Participate in Technical and Quality reviews to ensure new business proposals meet/exceed customer’s specifications and requirements.
Maintain a solid understanding of technologies available and in development for the EV market.
- Analyze existing customer and market requirements and anticipate future customer demands and promote the consideration of the Company’s products and services to fill such requirements.
- Deep understanding of automotive powertrain systems, Electric Vehicle expertise a plus, as is experience in high voltage and high current systems.
- Experience selling engineered-product-into-OEM applications in the automotive market.
- Presence and familiarity with the Detroit area automotive OEM and Tier 1 environment.
- Broad experience in leading a cross functional team from product concept through design/development, implementation and production.
- Strong understanding of customer advanced development activities and approval milestones in order to progress initial concepts to working prototypes and ultimately production implementation.
- Strong technical aptitude and knowledge base.
- Exceptional relationship and communication skills, presence consistent with this important customer facing role.
- 5 - 10 years of relevant business development/sales experience working with the automotive OEM/Tier1’s
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or Engineering preferred.
Thursday, August 22, 2019