Electrical Engineer B
- Newburyport, MA
To design new product as directed by EV Project Leader and/or Engineering Manager.
To support on-going released product for design improvements, cost reductions, and issue resolution.
To develop and manage design and test schedules for new product projects from prototype through Launch into Production.
To qualify product by performing and/or coordinating tests per industry and/or customer standards.
To work with Applications Engineering and Quality Engineers to resolve Field Service Report (customer issues) “root causes” as rapidly as possible.
To oversee and manage modifications to current designs proposed by Marketing Product Managers and support design improvements, cost reductions, and issue resolution.
To maintain and correct existing drawings for products as necessary.Interface, work with, and collaborate with Automotive OEM’s, Tier 1, and Component Suppliers on EV Product Design, Release, and Changes, with emphasis on Design and Cost for Manufacturability of Product.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering
- 5 years plus of experience in the field of Electrical Engineering, with automotive industry experience preferred
- Ability to work efficiently beyond department boundaries
- Leadership skills in a team environment
- Strong NEC/CEC knowledge and exhibited experience in building electrical systems and design, including sizing and specifying electrical service equipment, transformers, metering equipment, protective relaying and/or overcurrent devices, cable, conduit, switchboards, and panel boards.
- Able to work with Standards (UL, CSA, IEC, IEEE, ANSI, NEC, etc.)
- Experience with performing load calculations, short-circuit, and coordination studies. SKM (or similar) software proficiency preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of power generation and distribution system
- Familiarity with basic machine shop practices
- Creative, hands-on individual
- Experience in power electronics and power systems
- Able to work in high voltage and high current environments.
- Automotive design and manufacturing experience highly desired and a strong plus
- GD&T experience a strong plus
- Knowledge of principles of concurrent engineering, design for assembly, and design for manufacture.
- Knowledge of principles of ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001,IATFand PPAP a strong plus
- Ability and willing to travel to Juarez, Mexico Plant and to Customer Facilities/Plants Globally.Frequency of travel may increase prior to and when launching new Products
Tuesday, December 4, 2018