Our Client is a global industry leader in the manufacturing of discrete semiconductors and passive electronic components for applications in industrial, communications, transportation, consumer, medical, and defense products is currently seeking a Technical District Sales Manager located in the Atlanta, GA area.
Job Title:Technical District Sales Manager
The Role:In this position you will align with the regional goals, defined by management, and apply the actions required with the customers and distribution partners to meet the company objectives. You will monitor sales activities to make sure revenue, design and market share metrics are met monthly. Support development of new/emerging and current customers with a comprehensive understanding of our solutions as they relate to the technical requirements of their applications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
• Meet with customers to develop/maintain relationships to meet the revenue, design and share goals. Special focus on support of engineering at these accounts. This includes monitoring and supporting new/emerging accounts.
• Work closely with the distribution partners to coordinate customer activity as required to win share, revenue and new designs – this includes technical training, positioning inventory and monitoring changes with end customer requirements.
• Provide information to our sales/marketing as it relates to the evolving market so that customer technical trends are clearly understood, and strategies adjusted as required. This includes data on the competitive landscape.
• Coordinate relevant activity as required with key contacts at other sites that may be in/out of your area of responsibility.
• Provide timely reports as requested by management – monthly narratives, sales reconciliation, on demand, etc.
• Support of selling cost budgets and capital expenditures as defined by management.
• Communication and alignment with Marketing, Business Development, Strategic Sales, Finance, Logistics, Quality and Legal to support the entire organization.
• Continuous training for products and our processes so that the results that are achieved meet the companies direction.
• Comprehension of our technical benefits for focus products.
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline; engineering/technical background preferred. BSEE Advanced Degree a plus.
• 7+ years of demonstrated experience in electronic components.
• Strong knowledge of electronics industry and distribution to understand emerging customers, trends and competitive landscape for area of responsibility.
• Strong technical background.
• Local travel visiting customers, sales personnel and distributors.
Skills / Certifications• Excellent time management, organization and ability to work without supervision. Dependable, trustworthy self-starter.