Loan Portfolio Risk Analyst
- Rockville, MD, United States
We are working with a growing Regional Bank that is looking for a Loan Portfolio Risk Analyst for their Credit Risk Team. They are looking for a strong risk compliance professional with 2+ years of credit risk, commercial loan products and underwriting. The Loan Portfolio Risk Analyst supports the Bank’s enterprise risk management strategy through the monitoring of credit, concentration (including geographic, industry and interest rate), and systemic risks within the Bank’s loan portfolio. This position will support the Bank’s Allowance for Credit Losses (ACL) process and production of related information and reporting. In addition this role will produce periodic reports on the loan portfolio incorporating economic and market data to provide guidance to credit risk management activities regarding the risk profile of the commercial loan portfolio. Continuously monitor existing and potential loan activity against regulatory and Bank established exposure limits.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Support the Bank’s ACL process with analysis, gathering, and processing of portfolio, industry, and economic data
- Assist with risk assessment activities related to new production, modifications, and renewal of existing loans.
- Make recommendations when appropriate and communicate risks outside of normal parameters to the Senior Credit Officer.
- Produce periodic reports on credit, concentration (including geographic, industry and interest rate), and systemic risk across the Bank’s loan portfolio.
- Monitor the Bank’s commercial loan portfolio, including proposed activity, to ensure Bank is operating with regulatory and Bank established exposure limits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field.
- Working knowledge of the Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) accounting standard
- 5 years of banking experience in commercial and commercial real estate lending, preferably including portfolio management.
- 2 years of experience in risk management.
- Ability to research and analyze loan portfolio data and combine with economic and industry data to assess risks within the commercial loan portfolio.
- Understanding of bank commercial loan products and underwriting.
- MBA, CPA, or CFA.
- Experience with CECL software program(s), preferably ValuCast
- Experience with Data Analysis & SAP/Crystal report writing
Monday, November 13, 2023