Turn2partners is currently recruiting for a rapidly-growing REIT/Family Office based here in Washington DC in need of their first Controller. This professional will be responsible for overseeing and performing the day to day corporate and property accounting, financial reporting and manage a team of 2 staff. This role includes a flexible hybrid work schedule w/ great work/life, a competitive compensation package (Base + Bonus) and the chance to join a great company as they continue to scale!
• Manage the daily accounting operations, including general ledger maintenance, reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.
• Establish monthly close process and ensure completion.
• Manage all intercompany activity with subsidiaries
• Generate reporting requirements for internal and external stakeholders
• Ensure compliance with tax/lender’s/investor’s requirements
• Monitor and analyze balance sheets, accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Assist with the preparation of tax returns.
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA certification preferred, not required
• 6+ years of progressive accounting experience, with real estate industry experience
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while managing multiple ongoing projects and deliverables