- Washington, DC
Our client in downtown DC is seeking a one to two-year auditor with some exposure to SOX compliance. Great opportunity to gain a depth of audit experience as part of a larger team.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with audit planning and drafting initial audit scope. Document details of planning and walkthrough meetings.
- Assist in identifying controls to mitigate potential risk factors within assigned process/areas.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of risk-based audit plans.
- Develop, document and execute audit test steps in partnership with more senior team members.
- Assist in evaluating controls and in identifying control gaps. Conduct substantive testing, such as tests of detailed activities and transactions or analytical review tests, to obtain audit evidence.
- Document and maintain sufficient supporting information (such as flowcharts of end-to-end business processes) and facilitate the presentation of findings and conclusions in accordance with work paper standards. Identify and discuss audit findings with audit team and document exceptions.
- Assist with drafting audit reports and key deliverables (e.g., ICIs).
- Collaborate and share knowledge with audit teams across the Internal Audit organization, as appropriate.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 1+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Prior audit or SOX experience preferred
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively apply to reach appropriately reasoned conclusions
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
$70 - 80K