Senior Revenue Accountant
- Vienna, VA
Job Summary: Senior Revenue Accountant – McLean, VA
Interested in joining one of DC's leading SaaS companies? How about a top-notch, swanky office space?
We are representing a Senior Revenue Accountant opportunity with a Global Software Product company here in Northern Virginia. This person will support all facets of the revenue recognition function, ensure ASC 606 compliance, and assist with preparing SEC filings. This is a newly created position due to growth, will report directly to the Revenue Accounting Manager, and sit along with a team of 7.
This opportunity includes joining a first-class/dynamic team, a lucrative compensation package (Base + Bonus + Stock Options) and continuous upward mobility/career growth!
- Review fully executed customer contracts to conclude on appropriate accounting treatment and identify any issues to ensure that all software and services revenues are accounted for in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (ASC 606).
- Review and approve revenue allocation and revenue plans in the NetSuite accounting system to ensure accurate revenue recognition treatment in the general ledger and support the monthly closing process.
- Review drafts of customer contracts and provide revenue accounting guidance to Legal and Sales personnel on an as-needed basis.
- Prepare supporting revenue accounting documentation, including revenue accounting checklists, position papers and revenue allocation spreadsheets for booked orders.
- Assist manager with technical research on complex revenue accounting issues.
- Assist with Fair Value (SSP) analyses of historical sales transactions.
- Support annual audit and quarterly reviews by providing external auditors with requested documentation for revenue transactions being tested.
- Assist with preparation of SEC filings as needed.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field required
- CPA or CPA parts-passed very strongly preferred
- 4 - 8 years of accounting/audit experience, revenue accounting w/ software companies preferred.
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Prior Software experience with NetSuite a plus!
- Solid grasp of US GAAP
- Experience preparing the month-end close package.
- Strong written communication skills; Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Monday, December 4, 2023
$85,000 - $105,000