- Washington, DC
- Carry out month-end close procedures including preparation and/or review of account reconciliations and preparation and posting of monthly general journal entries.
- Partner with Regional Accountants to ensure accuracy of journal entries and general ledger.
- Manage accounts payable functions including but not limited to: review invoices and ensure they are entered correctly, submit expense reports for Region, process cash disbursements including check runs and wire transfers, maintain vendor files and assist with any vendor inquiries.
- Perform cash management functions including but not limited to: monitor and record cash transactions and investment of excess cash balances as well as reconcile bank accounts.
- Coordinate and administer regional fees (interpret management and development agreements, record fee revenue, prepare property billings and communicate with properties regarding fee payments)
- Manage accounts receivable process including but not limited to: enter cash receipts, create billback invoices, A/R analysis and collection, generate correspondence regarding balances, and prepare monthly A/R reports for Regional Accountants.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Assist in annual plan/budget preparation process by preparing revenue and expense projections and variance analysis for certain accounts.
- Assist with preparation of audit schedules.
- Three or more years full-charge accounting experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Strong knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Perform numerical and financial calculations
- Analyze and interpret various types of data in order to draw conclusions and solve problems
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and proficiency utilizing various accounting software and a 10 key calculator
- Compose business letters, expositions, summaries, and reports, using proper format,punctuation, grammar,diction and style
- Exchange ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or solutions
Thursday, January 24, 2019
$75,000 - $85,000