- Washington, DC
Title: Assistant Controller
Reports To: Controller
Directly manages the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable operations.
Assists the Controller in the management and execution of general accounting, financial reporting, treasury, fixed assets and financial planning for the organization
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage AP, AR and the cash receipts functions from reviewing and approving invoices for payment and proper coding to overseeing billings for goods/service and ensuring proper recording of cash receipts.
- Lead, develop and supervise employees in accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements for organization. This includes the overall account analysis and reconciliation as well as the preparation of the financial statements.
- Manage/Review/Prepare monthly general ledger entries related to month end close and assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Direct cash management operations to include daily cash administration, management of current accounts and bank relations.
- Maintain the fixed asset and associated depreciation schedules on the Sage FAS Software System; provide monthly detail for creation of general journal entries; ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Manage and update the chart of accounts for the organization.
- Assist in the preparation of the budget by analyzing trends, expenses, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenue and expenses.
- Monitor and oversee the monthly reconciliation and clearing of all the organizations’ balance sheet accounts.
- Review monthly internal/external billings through intercompany settlements between the entities.
- Assist in the preparation of the yearly audit process.
- Oversee quarterly reporting of staff’s time spent on lobbying activities for filings based upon the requirements of the Lobbying Disclosure Act (LDA).
- Manage the timely filing of monthly and annual tax returns (Personal Property, Sales & Use, etc.).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field required
- Current CPA certification
- Masters degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 10 years hands on experience in accounting, with demonstrated ability to manage accounting processes
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Experience supervising employees
- Experience with trade associations or non-profits
Wednesday, July 24, 2019
$100,000 - $120,000