- Arlington, VA
We are working with a goring Software-as-a-Service(SaaS) company in the Arlington area that is looking for a strong Senior Accountant for their Corporate Accounting Team. The Senior Accountant reports to the Assistant Controller and contributes to preparing timely and accurate financial reports.
Primary Job Duties:
- Prepare journal entries accurately, timely, and with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Prepare monthly bank and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial results as requested by management.
- Seek and identify opportunities for operational improvement.
- Recommend modifications to accounting processes.
- Marshal resources to implement improvement efforts.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure that desktop procedures are complete, accurate, and updated timely for areas of responsibility.
- Assist in training other team members.
- Lead or assist with special projects as needed.
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Related fields include Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or Accounting/Management Information Systems.
- 3+ years of direct accounting experience required. Month end close, Treasury, or Financial Analysis experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and finance and treasury functions, including revenue, credit, reconciliations, and internal controls.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint skills a plus.
Interpersonal Skills & Attributes:
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and organization skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment and with ambiguous or incomplete instructions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with varying levels within the Company.
Friday, September 24, 2021
$80,000 - $90,000